21 PGA Professionals Team Up to Run in TCS New York City Marathon and Raise $60,000 for PGA REACH
September 28, 2022 by PGA REACH
FRISCO, Texas and NEW YORK (Sept. 28, 2022) – For the fifth consecutive year, PGA REACH, the 501(c)(3) charitable foundation of the PGA of America, has been named an Official Charity Partner for the 2022 TCS New York City Marathon, on Sunday, Nov. 6.
Twenty-one PGA Professionals from across the country have teamed up to collectively raise $60,000 to support PGA REACH’s mission of positively impacting the lives of youth, Veterans and diverse populations through the game of golf. In addition, PGA REACH will be among 500 official charity partners that provide thousands of runners an opportunity to run in the world’s most popular marathon.
PGA REACH Team Running in the 2022 TCS New York City Marathon
The team assembled is a dedicated group of PGA Professionals who will run the full marathon, while raising awareness for PGA REACH throughout their training:
- Ryan Adams, PGA - Associate Editor, PGA Magazine Frisco, Texas
- Scott Ashworth, PGA - Director of Golf, Four Seasons Resort Lanai, Manele Golf CourseLanai City, Hawaii
- Trenton Blundell, PGA - Tournament Manager - Junior Championships, PGA of America Frisco, Texas
- Daniel Castano, PGA - Lead Assistant Golf Professional, Stanton Ridge Golf & C.C.Denville, N.J.
- Alison Curdt, PGA - Director of Instruction, Alison Curdt Golf at Wood Ranch Golf ClubReseda, Calif.
- Caitlyn Doyle, PGA - Career Consultant, PGA of America Fairfield, Calif.
- JoAnna Ehret, PGA - Senior Coordinator - Championships, PGA of AmericaJupiter, Fla.
- Jason Epstein, PGA - Director of Golf and Athletics, Congressional Country ClubBethesda, Md.
- Kyle Heyen, PGA - Director of Golf, Hiwan Golf ClubEvergreen, Colo.
- Jon Husby, PGA - Principal Program and Internship Coordinator, University of Colorado-Colorado Springs PGA Golf Management Woodland Park, Colo.
- Nick Knee, PGA - Head Golf Professional, Sandia Golf Club Albuquerque, N.M.
- Ralph Landrum, PGA - General Manager, World of Golf Crestview Hills, Ky.
- Mike Mueller, PGA - Career Consultant, PGA of America Fuquay Varina, N.C.
- David Muttitt, PGA - Teaching Professional, Los Altos Golf CourseAlbuquerque, N.M.
- Michael Pius, PGA - Executive Director, The First Tee - Upstate South CarolinaGreer, S.C.
- Josh Salmon, PGA - Assistant Director, New Mexico State PGA Golf ManagementLas Cruces, N.M.
- Angela Schmelzer, PGA - Director - Consumer Experience, PGA of AmericaPalm Beach Gardens, Fla.
- Mike Smith, PGA - Player Engagement Consultant, PGA of AmericaMorristown, N.J.
- Henry Stetina, PGA - Director of Player Development, New Mexico State University PGA Golf ManagementLas Cruces, N.M.
- Aaron Waltz, PGA - Director of U.S. Sales, Trackman, Inc. Canadian Lake, Mich.
- Andy Weissinger, PGA - General Manager, Eaglewood Golf Course Langley AFBChesapeake, Va.
In five years as an Official Charity Partner of the TCS New York City Marathon, PGA REACH has raised over $165,000 in support of its core pillars and flagship programming, including PGA Jr. League, PGA HOPE, PGA WORKS and PGA Places to Play.
“Through our campaigns and supporters like these 21 PGA Professionals who are raising awareness and funds for PGA REACH in the New York City Marathon, we will further provide resources to introduce, support and welcome people through golf,” said PGA President Jim Richerson. “This will help us bring more young golfers into the game, offer more Veterans the support and wellness offerings they need through golf to overcome challenges, and also introduce a new generation to career opportunities in the game and business of golf.”
Since its inception in 2006, the TCS New York City Marathon Official Charity Partner Program has raised more than $400 million for more than 1,000 nonprofit organizations across the globe. Before the start of the official program, the New York City Marathon had served as an outlet for individual philanthropic runners since the 1980s.
“The TCS New York City Marathon serves as one of the world’s largest fundraising platforms supporting hundreds of charities and philanthropic efforts,” says Christine Burke, Senior VP of Strategic Partnerships, NYRR. “We are very proud to support the PGA REACH team and the incredible impact they have made in communities across the U.S., as they raise funds to continue positively impacting lives through the game of golf.”
To learn more about PGA REACH or support individual runners’ campaigns, please visit the Team’s Fundraising page.
About PGA REACH
PGA REACH is the 501(c)(3) charitable foundation of the PGA of America. The mission of PGA REACH is to positively impact the lives of youth, military, and diverse populations by enabling access to PGA Professionals, PGA Sections and the game of golf. For more information on PGA REACH, visit PGAREACH.org, follow @PGAREACH on Twitter, and find us on Facebook.
About THE NEW YORK ROAD RUNNERS (NYRR)
NYRR’s mission is to help and inspire people through running. Since 1958, New York Road Runners has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s commitment to New York City’s five boroughs features races, virtual races, community events, free youth running initiatives and school programs, the NYRR RUNCENTER featuring the New Balance Run Hub, and training resources that provide hundreds of thousands of people each year with the motivation, know-how, and opportunity to Run for Life. NYRR’s premier event, and the largest marathon in the world, is the TCS New York City Marathon. Held annually on the first Sunday in November, the race features a wide population of runners, from the world’s top professional athletes to a vast range of competitive, recreational and charity runners.