Team PGA REACH raises more than $50k for programming by running the 2018 TCS NYC Marathon
November 05, 2018 by PGA of America
NEW YORK CITY – PGA REACH, the 501(c)(3) charitable foundation of the PGA of America, whose mission is to impact lives through golf, announced the foundation raised more than $50,000, as an official charity team of the New York Road Runners (NYRR), for the 2018 TCS NYC Marathon, on Sunday, Nov. 4.
As a charitable partner, PGA REACH assembled a team of 10 PGA Professionals (Team PGA REACH) from across the country to participate in the race, while raising funds and awareness for PGA REACH programming. The roster includes:
- Kyle Heyen, PGA (Team Captain): PGA Head Professional, Hiwan Golf Club, Evergreen, Colo., Honorary District 9 Director
- Jeff Adkerson, PGA Master Professional: Mississippi State PGM Program Director, Starkville, Miss.; Honorary President Gulf States Section
- Tim Burr, PGA: Director of Golf, Blackhawk Country Club, Danville, Calif.
- Jason Epstein, PGA: Director of Athletics, Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.
- Nathan Kalin, PGA: Director of Golf, Fremont Golf Club, Fremont, Neb.; President, Nebraska PGA Section
- Nick Knee, PGA: Head Golf Professional, Sandia Golf Club, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Michelle Murphy, PGA: CEO, Murphy Performance Golf, Syracuse, N.Y.
- Trent Rathbun, PGA: General Manager, Whisper Rock Golf Club, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Joe Sutter, PGA: Head Golf Professional, Quarry Oaks Golf Club, Ashland, Neb.,
- Bill Troyanoski, PGA Master Professional: General Manager, Half Moon Bay Golf Links, Half Moon Bay, Calif.; President, Northern California PGA Section
In 2017, Team PGA REACH raised nearly $29,000 to support programming for its 3 core pillars: Youth, Military and Diverse populations. As of Monday, Nov. 5, Team PGA REACH raised more than $50,000, smashing their initial goal of raising $30,000 by Nov. 11.
NYRR is the official charity sponsor of the TCS NYC Marathon.
For those still interested in supporting Team PGA REACH, fundraising efforts will continue through next Sunday, Nov. 11, please visit crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/pga-reach-nyc-2018.
PGA REACH is the 501(c)(3) charitable foundation of the PGA of America. The mission of PGA REACH is to positively impact the lives of youth, military, and diverse populations by enabling access to PGA Professionals, PGA Sections and the game of golf.